What This Warranty Covers. Alteco Trading LLC (ProfilDoors USA). warrants to the original buyer of a ProfilDoor Door specifically for interior purposes (the “Product”) for one (1) year and that the Product shall:
- Comply with the WDMA Industry Standard I.S.-6 (in effect as of the date of manufacture of the Product) pertaining to Measurements, Tolerances and Warp; and
- Be free from defects in materials and workmanship, including delamination.
Limitations and Exclusions
The following are not considered defects in materials and workmanship to the Product and are not covered by this warranty:
- Any Product that is purchased from the manufacturer without the factory prime coat.
- Any Product that is over three-feet six-inches (3′6″) in width and/or eight-feet (8′) in height.
- For 1-⅜″ thick doors, warp not exceeding 1/4″ in the plane of the door sized three-feet (3′) × seven-feet (7′) or smaller. For 1-3/4″ or thicker doors, warp not exceeding 1/4″ in the plane of the door sized three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′) or smaller. For 1-3/4″ or thicker doors larger than three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′), warp not exceeding 1/4″ in any three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′) section.
- Damage caused by attempts other than ProfilDoors USA to repair the Product.
- Product failure due to improper installation.
- Damage caused by failure to comply with the finishing, handling or care instructions provided by ProfilDoors. Including but not limited to damage caused by improper handling or on-site storage.
- Damage due to trimming more than one-inch (1″) total of the Product.
- Damage caused by failing to seal all six (6) sides of the Product. All edges must be sealed immediately after fitting and hanging with the integrity of the finish maintained.
- Defects caused by bow or nonalignment in the frame or jamb in which the door is hung or improper hanging.
- Damage due to failure to perform normal owner’s maintenance, including maintaining the finish (factory or non-factory finish).
- Variations or unsatisfactory results in gloss level, texture or appearance resulting from the field application of paint or other finishing material.
- Slight expansion due to differing environmental conditions.
- Damage caused by others or by any cause beyond the control of ProfilDoors USA, including but not limited to, damage caused by normal wear and tear weathering (including corrosion of components in seacoast applications); customer misuse, abuse, neglect or alteration; or, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado, riots, war, acts of terrorism, hostilities, rebellion or other Acts of God.
- Doors shipped out of the continental US, Hawaii or Canada.
Non-rated doors and 20-minute fire rated doors that will be used in a commercial application carry a limited warranty as stated above from the date of original installation to the original buyer of the ProfilDoors
How Long the Warranty Lasts and What ProfilDoors USA Will Do
Should the Product fail to conform to this warranty within a period of one (1) years from the date of purchase of the Product, ProfilDoors USA will, at its option, (a) repair the Product, (b) replace the Product in the same stage of fitting or finishing as was initially supplied by ProfilDoors USA, or (c) refund the price originally paid to ProfilDoors USA for the Product. After one (1) years from the date of purchase of the Product, should the Product fail to conform to this warranty, you may purchase a new door similar to the Product at fifty-percent (50%) of the current retail cost of such door.
If the claimed nonconformity is warp, ProfilDoors USA may defer repairing or replacing the Product for a period of up to twelve (12) months from the latter of the date of claim or the date of installation, as it is not uncommon for a temporary warp condition to occur as the door adjusts to local weather conditions. This deferral will not be counted against the warranty period.
What ProfilDoors USA Will Not Do
ProfilDoors USA is not responsible for transportation, shipping, removal, finishing, labor or installation charges or costs incurred in replacing the Product or any other costs relating to the replacement of the Product. In addition, ProfilDoors USA shall not be responsible for indirect, consequential or incidental damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
How to Get Service
Claims under this warranty must be made in writing, with proof of purchase and prior to any repair work, to: 1780C Old Bayshore Hwy, San Jose, CA 95112. ProfilDoors USA reserves the right and must be given a thirty (30) day opportunity to have a ProfilDoors USA representative field inspect the Product.
How State Law Applies
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. ProfilDoors USA shall not be responsible for indirect, consequential or incidental damages, or for any amount in excess of the purchase price of the defective Product, whether the claim is for breach of warranty or negligence. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty sets forth ProfilDoors USA maximum liability for the Products. ProfilDoors USA makes no other warranty, expressed or implied with respect to its Product. No distributor, vendor or ProfilDoors USA representative has the permission to alter this warranty.